Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sandeepa - "Yes, female director was a better option"

'Isi Life Mein' has released and newcomer Sandeepa is happy that she has found some good recognition coming her way despite the film not quite seeing critical appreciation. The film had her being directed by first timer Vidhi Kasliwal and one wonders if there was some disappointment that did set in for Sandeepa once she realised that it won't be Sooraj Barjatya (who was a co-producer here) who would be directing the film.

"See, I won't deny that Sooraj ji is one of my dream directors. If someone asks me that who is that one person with whom you would want to work with, I would say Sooraj Barjatya. I have immense respect for him," agrees Sandeepa.

"Having said that, when you are starting out in the industry, you have to believe in your director who is so clear about her vision. This is something that I found in Vidhi and I went ahead with my distinct," continues Sandeepa, "I could sense that there was a connection between the two of us."

When asked to elaborate upon the 'connect' factor, Sandeepa smiles, "She is someone who is very people oriented. Also, her being a female director was an added advantage as well due to which there was a comfort level that I shared with her. This is not to say that I can't work well with a male director but then since this was my first film, a female director was a better option."